Winter Blues
Seriously considering moving to Guam...it's like 5 degrees outside and we are expecting a blizzard. I have been home for a total of 2 hours and already think I am going stir crazy. There is enough food in the house and plenty to keep me entertained, but the whole idea of not being able to go outside even if I wanted to is really starting to get to me. This blows!!!!
I went out earlier today to get snowboots as I could put the purchase off no longer. Everyone at the sporting goods store was buying boots like it was TP and bottled water! I was sitting there, waiting for the clerk to bring boots in my size and the girl next to me is eyeballing the other shoes I had just tried on that were sitting on the floor at my feet. Can a girl comparison shop without having to defend her goods??? Sure the boots were a half a size too small, but damn, the ones they did have in my size were ugly...no scratch that, they were FUGLY. As much as I want to look nanook of the north, I will pass. So I settled on the boots that were 1/2 size too small, garnering ugly looks from the chick next to me because she was going to have to settle for the aforementioned FUGLY boots. You snooze, you lose! Never thought I would have to get aggressive over some snowboots. DAYUM!
Sitting here waiting for my Fresh Direct order. For all you non-metro area NYers, Fresh Direct is the shiznit. It is the ultimate thrill for lazy people. Grocery shopping online was way over due. I just hope the poor Fresh Direct delivery guy can find my home in this blizzard.
Days like today make me think of that scene from the Wiz where Dorothy (Diana Ross or Ms. Ross if you know what's good for you) was wandering through that alley in the blizzard looking for Toto. Now there is a chick that could have used some snowboots!
I went out earlier today to get snowboots as I could put the purchase off no longer. Everyone at the sporting goods store was buying boots like it was TP and bottled water! I was sitting there, waiting for the clerk to bring boots in my size and the girl next to me is eyeballing the other shoes I had just tried on that were sitting on the floor at my feet. Can a girl comparison shop without having to defend her goods??? Sure the boots were a half a size too small, but damn, the ones they did have in my size were ugly...no scratch that, they were FUGLY. As much as I want to look nanook of the north, I will pass. So I settled on the boots that were 1/2 size too small, garnering ugly looks from the chick next to me because she was going to have to settle for the aforementioned FUGLY boots. You snooze, you lose! Never thought I would have to get aggressive over some snowboots. DAYUM!
Sitting here waiting for my Fresh Direct order. For all you non-metro area NYers, Fresh Direct is the shiznit. It is the ultimate thrill for lazy people. Grocery shopping online was way over due. I just hope the poor Fresh Direct delivery guy can find my home in this blizzard.
Days like today make me think of that scene from the Wiz where Dorothy (Diana Ross or Ms. Ross if you know what's good for you) was wandering through that alley in the blizzard looking for Toto. Now there is a chick that could have used some snowboots!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home