MTV Cribs
So, I am sure most of you have experienced the whole "What am I going to write in my blog today?" dilemma. Today, I was thinking the same thing. It came to me like a bolt of lightning. I rarely watch MTV...but tonight for some reason I was mesmerized and I ended up watching Cribs. Cribs is, as far as I am concerned, an embarrassing nightmare. It's this show in which athletes, musicians and actors show off their opulent digs. However, MOST of these people have no idea why they own the things they own and have little to no sense of financial responsibility. Now, I don't want to come off as preachy but Cribs is truly nauseating. It's the ultimate rap video multiplied by 1,000.
I just finished watching some player for the Falcons (and forgive me NFL fans for not knowing his name) show his house to a couple of million impressionable teenagers. He walks around his home and shows us many of the luxuries he possesses. These luxuries include: a grand piano in the Great Room, which he himself admits he does not play and he is not even allowed in the Great Room per his NFL wife, an ugly ass painting (by an artist that chuckled all the way to the bank) of his family...I mean, if I had his money, this painting wouldn't even be allowed in the not-so-great room (the shit was heinous) and an elevator...let me remind you, no one in the house in handicapped or elderly...he just has one because..oh wait, he's an athlete...I have no idea why he has one.
Watching cribs made me wretch tonight. These people embarrass me. Does anyone ever send them the tape of the show? Or better yet, they should make them watch the tape of their show in front of a third world audience. The opulence portrayed is shameful...I mean, I understand that they worked hard to live the comfortable life, BUT MY MAN DOESN'T EVEN PLAY THE PIANO!!! Sad indeed. I wish they could see themselves.
Anyone remember Miss Sally? She would have schooled these peeps with one look in her magic mirror! She would have been like "I see Bobby, and he is being wasteful with his money" and Bobby would have repented because Miss Sally was the LAW. Werd...nuff said.
I just finished watching some player for the Falcons (and forgive me NFL fans for not knowing his name) show his house to a couple of million impressionable teenagers. He walks around his home and shows us many of the luxuries he possesses. These luxuries include: a grand piano in the Great Room, which he himself admits he does not play and he is not even allowed in the Great Room per his NFL wife, an ugly ass painting (by an artist that chuckled all the way to the bank) of his family...I mean, if I had his money, this painting wouldn't even be allowed in the not-so-great room (the shit was heinous) and an elevator...let me remind you, no one in the house in handicapped or elderly...he just has one because..oh wait, he's an athlete...I have no idea why he has one.
Watching cribs made me wretch tonight. These people embarrass me. Does anyone ever send them the tape of the show? Or better yet, they should make them watch the tape of their show in front of a third world audience. The opulence portrayed is shameful...I mean, I understand that they worked hard to live the comfortable life, BUT MY MAN DOESN'T EVEN PLAY THE PIANO!!! Sad indeed. I wish they could see themselves.
Anyone remember Miss Sally? She would have schooled these peeps with one look in her magic mirror! She would have been like "I see Bobby, and he is being wasteful with his money" and Bobby would have repented because Miss Sally was the LAW. Werd...nuff said.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home