Thursday, December 23, 2004

I Love New York

Just got back from running some errands before I have to catch my flight to Arizona. I am going out to visit the family for the holidays. They always request things that they miss from NY, such as bagels and chinese food. As long as I have lived here, it's always amazed me that you can get almost everything you need in a 5-block radius. I went to the Upper West Side and got bagels from H&H and then walked to the Chino-Latino restaurant to get chinese food for my sis. In addition to that, on my way FROM the bagel place TO the Chinese place, I stopped at Lush to get these bath balls I used to use when I lived in London. This city kicks ass!

One last thing...I have to be on a plane in about 3 hours. Why haven't we improved travel??? Why does a person have to leave their house 3 hours before a flight? I certainly wouldn't leave this early to catch Amtrak! I should be able to show up at the airport, say, 30 min before my flight and be ok. Instead, I have take the 45 min trip to the airport, stand in line with the masses and subject myself to various searches and annoyances. I know we live in a "post 9-11 world" but I am just talking about cutting down my travel time by an hour! Inefficiency bugs me.

Well, I am out of here. Off to Arizona, where the weather is apparently not much warmer than here (lucky me). Happy Holidays to all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home