Tuesday, December 21, 2004

My First Blog Entry

Well, first I have to give a shout out to my dear friend Sam, without whom this blog would not be possible. Thanks Sam! You are a boy genius!

If you couldn't tell from the title, this is my very first blog posting...so let's make it a productive one...

Since it's the holidays, we've all been suckered into gift giving. Now, I mean, there are some people that get gifts by default such as Mom, Dad, etc. But then there are those people that give you a gift when you rarely see or speak to them. Why???????? These are the presents that stress me out. I have enough trouble finding time to get gifts for the obvious people, let alone random gift-giving overacheivers that somehow manage to find time to give gifts to every Tom, Dick and Harry! Now, I know it's slightly psychotic to stress over someone's act of generosity but there is the issue of social etiquette here! I mean, do you then run out and get them a gift so as not to be the tacky one? OR do you graciously accept their generosity without a second thought? I have opted to go this route: If you have to see them in the near future, get them a gift. Otherwise, skulk around until this whole holiday thing blows over.

2 Comments:

Blogger rathwel said...

I don't think it is necessary to get them a gift if you rarely speak to or see them. Don't stress yourself out over it.

7:31 AM  
Blogger Sam Gomez said...

Welcome to the blogger family. Though a loving family, we do not generally buy gifts for one another.

1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home