Monday, January 17, 2005

Man Fur

Last night, I went to a comedy club with a couple of my friends. As we were waiting for our show to start, one of my friends starts giggling uncontrollably. When I turn around to see what she is snickering about I see a brotha with cornrows who's a little on the short rotund side wearing a waist length fur coat with a zipper. He was so portly he looked like he was wearing an ape costume. Terrible. That night I saw several other men trying to look gangsta while rocking what is commonly known as "man fur".

I am quite perturbed by the whole thing. As a woman, I don't want my man wearing fur. I don't need any competition when I go out with my man. It's just not masculine. You could be a model and totally fit...I don't care! No man fur for you! At one point, I saw a couple both wearing fur. Ridiculous. I felt like we were at a costume party and someone forgot to inform me of the dress code.

To all the men out there, no matter WHO is wearing man fur and telling you it's ok...IT'S REALLY NOT! Man fur is not acceptable in any form. Fur is for women and animals.

Man fur = bad

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I think man fur, I think pimp. Check that, I have much more respect for pimps than man fur wearers. A dude who wears a man fur is the same one who'll also accessorize with a man bag, wear man heels higher than his date's, then try to butch all this up by riding a motorcycle (think Prince). Prince actually pulls it off well tho, but then again he's Prince, right? I for one think the man fur debate will spur controversy on the 2008 presidential ticket. It will pit brother against brother and tear our nation apart. Picture Puffy rockin' the man fur ballot. "Fur or Die, Nukkah!" :)

2:48 PM  
Blogger Sam Gomez said...

Just my 2 cents.

1:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL Oh my God! I am giggling as I picture the whole thing! priceless!

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home