Monday, June 12, 2006

Preparation

My last day of work in June 30th. Hard to believe that I won't have a full-time job for the next two years. I am about to be backpack carrying, laptop lugging, coffee guzzling grad student. I'm scared out of my mind but also very excited.

I am training my replacement at work now. While the idea of being free leaves me overjoyed, I am bothered by the thought of someone sitting in my seat and dealing with the people I have been building relationships with for the past few years. I guess I just really enjoy my co-workers. Not many people can say that I suppose. I'll also miss the idea of having a job where I can wear jeans, watch TV and blast music and still consider myself a professional. But, hey, it's time to try new things and challenge myself. I hope to hell this works.

I have to start packing up my apartment, which I have been procrastinating on. When I am approaching a big turning point in my life, I get paralyzed and cannot do the things I need to do to move forward. When I was leaving for study abroad in college, I needed to pack for the next 5 months and refused to do so. Luckily, my mother pitched in and while I was sleeping in a wave of depression, she packed my stuff. There is no mom to help me this time, so I better get on my game. The idea of leaving New York and Brooklyn is really making me sad though. There is nothing better than a sunny day in Brooklyn. I love the tree-lined streets, brownstones and sidewalk cafes. I don't know if I'll ever live in a place with a neighborhood feel like this again.

I have been trying to plan a going away shindig to no avail as well. Because I physically need to go see the places I'm considering, I haven't chosen a place because I have no time to see anything!

Lastly, I am totally in for it. The business school I am attending is a real a$$ kicker and they have already given me a pre-course accounting CD-ROM, a math review CD-ROM, readings and essays to write AND they required that I take Calculus before I arrive! Plus, I have to arrive there a month before classes start to take a math review course in person. That's what I get for being cute by majoring in music business as an undergrad. This is going to be intense to say the least. I signed up for this and I am beginning to doubt my ability to get through it. Getting in was hard work but I think this is just the beginning.

1 Comments:

Blogger ManNMotion said...

Congrats on all. As a b-school grad myself, I can't help but wonder where you're going, I'd venture a guess but don't want to rat you out to the blogosphere. (but if you want to email me and let me know...). Trust me, your anticipated debt load is about average so don't worry about it and just go for it!

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home