Decisions
Well, my first choice school released their scholarship awards on Friday. I was awarded a 30% scholarship. I knew that they weren't going to offer me a full ride, but I am still very disappointed. I know this sounds extremely spoiled of me, and that there are people in this world that would be ecstatic over a 30% scholarship. However, B School is going to cost me $60,000 a year (living and tuition). So $24K toward a total of $120,000 isn't much. I can't take on that kind of debt for school. It's one of the best schools in the country, but there is just no way I can swing that. I am hoping that I can tell them about the other two scholarships and get a larger award but I am not holding my breath. I was just so focused on this and wanted it so bad this came as a huge disappointment. It just seems like such a waste now when I think back on how hard I worked to get accepted in the first place...

2 Comments:
What is the job placement situation for your top choice B school? I work with a lot of B school graduates (they went to Gtown) and they complain about their school loans but are working pretty well.
Job placement at my first choice is 79% at graduation and 94% within 3 months of graduation. The idea of paying upwards of $500 a month in loans is just killing me...
Post a Comment
<< Home